Glenmorangie Nectar d'Òr

Two Part, Sauternes Cask Extra Matured
12 Mar 2010 5:16 pm

one in wishlist

Whisky Reviews for Glenmorangie Nectar d'Òr

4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.45 points

[May, 2008]  Together with friends I emptied a bottle that I bought for 48 Euro in March, 2008.

[June, 2009]  Together with friends I emptied another bottle that I bought for 48 Euro in October, 2008.

[September, 2009]  Together with friends I emptied another bottle that I bought for 45,50 Euro in July, 2009.

[November, 2010]  Together with friends I emptied another bottle that I bought for 48 Euro in October, 2008.

In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 87,5 all times.  My notes state a sweet winey profile that is nicely balanced with the malt characteristics.  Dangerously quaffable - so far I found no guest or visitor that did not like it...

2. BeatF scored this whisky 85 points Moderator

This nectar may easily be served in heaven too!
      Sweetened porridge, finest malt, orangeade, on the inner edge of the glass a little peppermint: all very, very sweet, underpinned with a certain biting sharpness.
    • Taste
      sweet malt mash, seasoned with some plum and plum brandy
      Plum and brandy, cereals, but also apple and discreet almond flavor

3. st7 scored this whisky 83 points Connoisseur