- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Cask Strength - Batch 1
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 60% Fresh Sherry Hogsheads & 40% Refill Sherry Butts
- Number of bottles
- 54.6 % Vol.
- 700 ml 700 ml 700 ml 700 ml 700 ml 750 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 10 Mar 2010 9:00 pm
36 × in wishlist
157 × member ratings
275 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 12-year-old
17 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.90 points
- elegant and beautiful. and since
it’s a springbank,
full flavored and wonderfully balanced as well
light to dark fruits, light citrus,
elegant sherry, grass, butter/cream
sweet, heavy fruits, spicy,
oranges, burst of wood spices, hint of cream, orange peel bitter
medium-long, spicy, spices, black
pepper, heavy fruits, butter, spicy grass at the back followed by light malt,
sugared citrus tang and black pepper
- how does one tell the difference between the normal version and this limited edition 6000bott version ?
- oh boy this 12 year old tastes and smells much much older and offers great depth of flavours and complexity. This is a highly satisfying whisky and I can recommend it wholeheartedly
A lush, deep, rich, pungent (in a good way) and complex whisky with aroma’s of soft smoke, earthy peat, barley, soft licorice, marzipan, wax, salted caramel, toffee, sultanas, dark forest honey, fudge, old books, rich (old) sherry, spicy oak, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, a hint of black pepper, hay, a subtle tone of sulfur (in a nice way), chocolate, grass, herbal tea, stewed apple, pear, candy store, dried fruits (prunes, figs, apricots), leather, coffee beans, orange zest and a soft hint of fresh bay leaves.
A powerful, full, lush, layered, balanced, and complex whisky with aroma’s of white pepper, soft smoke, earthy peat, heather honey, licorice, sea salt, bitter orange marmalade, orange zest, hay, grass, soft tones of dried flowers, slightly bitter tannins, old tea, nutmeg, spicy ginger, sawdust, caramel, coriander, cedar wood, sweet tobacco, hint of coconut, vanilla, dried stone fruits (mainly prunes with some macerated cherries), green tea, mocha, dried herbs (bouquet garni), leather, spicy oak, hint of banana and various roasted nuts.
A long and slightly drying finish with aroma’s of soft bitter tannins, old sherry, wood spice, nutmeg, cinnamon, bitter chocolate, orange zest, hint of smoke and sweet vanilla.
- A very good powerful and balanced whisky. Rating: 88
The nose is rich, deep and subtle. Flavors of malt, oak and leather. We are also clearly on exotic fruits. Then comes honey, salted butter caramel and a discreet smoke.
The mouth is thick, peppery on red fruits and exotic fruits (mango) Chocolate, caramel, dried apricots and vanilla and a little smoke. With a little water, one feels a frank opening on the grapefruit and the dried herbs.
Medium long finish on honey, caramel and peat.
- wonderful cask strength gem. easily one of the best entry level whiskies with great complexity and presented with no caramel or chill filtration. Quality wood used. Will become iconic and partly responsible for the renaissance of Springbank. I think at retail price this is amazing value.
- Nose: Very interesting, very rich. Leather, sherry, polish, soft smoke, etc.
Palate: Smoky and mineral, pepper, red fruits. Great thick mouthfeel, you can chew it!
Finish: Smoky, dry and dissapointingly short.
Conclusion: A great honest malt that displays the beautiful and rich Springbank character. It has a great mouthfeel and bursts with flavour. It's only flaw is its short finish and high price tag.