- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Society Bottling
- Stated Age
- 11 years old
- Re-charred Bourbon Hogsheads
- Number of bottles
- 54.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Springbank Society
- Added on
- 29 Nov 2019 2:27 pm by birkzehn
19 × in wishlist
42 × member ratings
273 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Hazelburn 2007
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.21 points
- Hazelburn is my least favorite Springbank but it's far better than the broth from most distilleries. This bottle really benefits from the char. Normally, the Hazelburns can be a bit simpletonian. This one has more going on due to the char and some very nice distilling. There's something really captivating about this run. I like it a lot even though it's still not terribly complex when compared with a Longrow for instance. I just finished my 9 year society bottle of that. Wow. So good. This one is fruity in a good way, considering it is merely bourbon wood, and imparts some very nice vanilla seed pods that coat the mouth greedily. The whisky has a very pleasing viscosity overall. And while the finish is not long it's certainly not short. Each advancing sip keeps me coming back for more. A daily dram fit for a man king, or a dragon lord such as the one who currently occupies said catbird seat. Hey now, steady on. The more otherwordly is the predator, the closer are the eyes together, with a smile that strikes fear into the hearts of mere mammals.
- Released in January 2020 at 55£
- Color: gold, golden reflections.
Nose: greedy, rocky, earthy, an old leathery, syrupy side, honey, almonds, chocolate, distant notes of exotic fruits, passion, roasted peanut praline from the PARTHENAY funfair. A little spice, and lemon.
Palate: is easily drunk, without taking the head, fruit, a light vanilla.
Finish: long on fruit, mango, watermelon.
Comments: opening of the bottle, well integrated alcohol. The only complaint could be that it lacks complexity.
- I had jumpers with less smoke, salt and brackish water than this Hazelburn! The well-known fruit notes, lots of mango in the mouth, pineapple. But what makes him special is this incredibly intense spring bench note, which is unmistakable. It has to be mentioned that the bottle has been open for a few weeks and has certainly oxidized somewhat. Great barrel!