- Single Malt
- Daily Dram (DD)
- Bottling serie
- The Nectar of the Daily Drams
- Stated Age
- 25 years old
- 43.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 11 Mar 2010 4:04 pm
4 × in wishlist
37 × member ratings
30 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glen Elgin 1984 DD
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.23 points
- A nice dram offering a lot of greed and therefore pleasure; is not it essential !!
He still has the cool guy! and at the same time of the body. Mellow volutes of yellow fruits, Citrus fruits (orange zest), sweet spices (cinnamon, vanilla), malt, relayed by floral and grassy scents raised with honey all flowers, in addition elegantly waxy
The mouth is undeniably waxy; The notes of the nose are magnified: first fruity (with bitter oranges now), then more spicy ginger trend, finally on a slight astringency of liqueur with mountain herbs including peppermint.
Enough long and hot to fully savor the mix of fruits / spices / bitterness offered by this bottle. What about a shadow of smoke?
- Sweet cider and honey, 25 years old and yet so fresh in the nose. Barley and malt fill the mouth, fruity dry in the finish, maybe a little salty tart.
- Nose: wax, honey, fresh and green
Taste: fresh, grassy, some sweetness, misses some oomphhhh
Finish: middle long
- Wonderful nose, so fruity. But the taste is not good, just tasteless. And the finish could have been twice as long.
Very fruity, lots of citrus fruits. Wonderful ..
It is mostly wood flavors, but it is a bit tasteless.
Fairly short, but with a peppery finish.