77.80/100
American Whiskey
Kirker Greer Brands (K&G)
Small Batch Extra
25 Nov 2019 10:36 pm by holborndrinker
Chillfiltered

one in wishlist

Whisky Reviews for Bowsaw American Whiskey

2 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 77.80 points

1. peatbogger scored this whisky 75 points Specialist

A new experience for me provided by karloff.
    Interesting. Although I have to say this would probably have a long life if it was sitting on my shelf.
      A very unusual and somewhat strange nose.
      Corn, scorched pop corn.
      Sweet. Unripe and lightly bitter green fruits.
    • Taste
      Not quite sure what to make of the taste neither.
      I guess it's corn ;-) and it's rather one dimensional and simple. Bittersweet.
      What works for me is the spice, without it it would have been a bit boring.
      Into the end there is also something I first perceived as a familiar "chemical" note. After chewing on it for a while it struck me, it is copper plate with lots of soldering flux.
      Fairly short with a little sweetness and some astringency and bitter spice.

2. karloff scored this whisky 81 points Specialist

Corn whiskey is absolutely not for everyone but I have an adventurous palate and this suits me.
    There is not that many out there but I will try and seek them out. Would I buy another bottle of this? Absolutely but for now it's move on to the next adventure.
      I've had corn whiskey before and the nose is never great but this has something.
      Bubblegum, green apples, sweet corn obviously, herbs, confectionery, is that piss in there? Ha could be.
      Sugar Puffs breakfast cereal, maybe that's where I got the piss from.
      A strange combination but it sort of works.
    • Taste
      A little bitter and a little drying but this is good.
      Also going to throw some spice in the mix.
      You are not going to get a lot of different tastes from corn whisky, it has quite a simple profile but what it does have works for me.
      I think the 43% is just about right.
      This is quite an easy drink and goes down well thanks to the sweet corn.
      A short to medium finish that leaves traces of that bubblegum and added spice. A bit dry and salty on the death.