Octomore Edition 07.1 / 208

L150338 16/018
25 Nov 2019 9:39 pm by Izzino
UncoloredNon-chillfilteredCask Strength

Whisky Reviews for Octomore Edition 07.1 / 208

2 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.00 points

1. Gigiomix scored this whisky 88 points Member Senior

I review my previous note, now halfway through the bottle. This whisky is like Pulp Fiction: every time you drink it, it becomes more and more good .... The notes of the tasting are those, it just starts to fascinate me: it seems much older than it really is, and its particularities that all at the beginning they made me evaluate 3.5, now they make me switch to 4.5. A product that is undoubtedly courageous, but truly valid. Maybe at the end of the bottle I will arrive at 5.0 of evaluation .... Below my previous note: What to say, defining it particular is little. Whisky that puzzles me. Ultra turbidity does not actually cover other aromas. On the nose I would say, in addition to peat, petrol and burnt rubber. So not exciting. On the palate the high alcohol content is not felt at the beginning, for a surprisingly soft whisky. Sweet, cream and honey cake, then a chemical hit arrives which makes it a little bitter. Let's say it looks a bit like medicine. Then the tongue and palate become anesthetized and leave an incredibly long and unexpectedly sweet and honeyed finish. The ending is undoubtedly the best part of it all. However, the price is affected by the evaluation, which is exaggerated: the production process may be as difficult as you want, but € 160 for a 5yo is too much. I'm not Jim Murray that I don't think he pays for the whiskys he tastes, but he is certainly a tasting professional and therefore he is able to evaluate a whisky at best, while I give the marks if I like whisky or not: (but in the end What are we talking about? Jim Murray will also give high marks to whiskys he likes !!!) so the question "would I spend those € 160 anyway after tasting it?" I would answer "no" .....

2. Jellezuring scored this whisky 90 points Newbie

Definitely a giant of a whisky, had a nice sample to start me of on advanced scotch and did not disappoint.
      Actually a bit more timid than I expected, mostly earthy and a hint of freshly sawed oakwood.
    • Taste
      First sip is much more impressive than the nose. Warm peat smoke, a lot of it, backed up by a strong kick of the alcohol. Quickly followed up by lots of pure oak and a slight sweetness hidden behind the thick curtain of smoke.
      The finish is so long it hasn't completely gone away before each new sip, leaving me with ample amounts of warm smoky taste and the burnt caramel taste of the cask.