3 × in wishlist
26 × member ratings
69 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Macallan 1991 GM
3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.29 points
- A solid Mac. Very similar to the fine oak series, thought this is a refill sherry. So very easy to drink, and what a Macallan should be. Smooth, showcasing the wood, a classic highland whisky. Solid.
- Finely spicy wood dominates this Macallan. The cool fruit is delicious, but I miss the sherry aroma here. Nevertheless, I have a fine and delicious Macallan in the glass.
Fresh fruitiness flows from the glass, finely spicy wood ends with a hint of citrus fruits. Astonishingly, the 43% alcohol quickly starts to buffle in the nose. A flavor that is hard to define for me is spreading. The nose becomes slightly sprittig.
Cool freshness and fine fruit are the first impression. The fine spicy wood follows the freshness. A fine, but subtle, sherry aroma follows. The wood becomes fine and slightly bitter. A full-nutty aroma is created.
Again, this spicy wood. Slowly, the departure begins to exude a plump warmth. Slight sharpness arises, light tingle again. The finish is medium to long. At the end, a pleasant walnut flavor is created. Now the nut is slightly bitter.
- Bottlers note:
Color: Golden amber.
- Flavor: Sherry influences with dried plums, apricots and Demerara sugar araromas.
- Taste: Chilli seasoning initially, with fresh pear and dark chocolate notes. A subtle edge of ashes of cigar develops. In medium body.
- Flavor: Lemon zest with hints of red apples and pear. Also present is an underlying flavor of aniseed.
- Taste: Black Pepper with pear and orange flavors. A slight hint of tobacco sticks.
Aftertaste: In the medium with a creamy texture.
Comments: A well balanced Speysider.