- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Charred New Oak, PX Sherry & 1st Fill Bourbon
- 46.6 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 24 Nov 2019 11:25 am by Lutz70
9 × in wishlist
40 × member ratings
153 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ardbeg An Oa
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.43 points
- Smell: The combination of dryness and strong minerals is somewhat repellent. Wait for a while and begin to smell the familiar tomato soup. After that, the level will step into the rhythm of gunpowder and disinfectant. After ten minutes, the overall reminder In balance, it smells like a mud stove drenched in a rural kitchen
Drinking: The wine body is full and ethereal. After the air is added, it is fierce, unconsciously, the waist is sitting upright. After swallowing, the nasal cavity seems to be sprayed with smoke. The end rhyme is very long with bitter lemon peel and a little fresh pineapple smell, 15ml Has made people feel hot
Feeling: The original imprint of the winery can still be clearly felt on the Oku no Cape. The Shirley barrel brings more sourness to the whole, but I personally think that it is not the increase of the flavor level, but more like a regular ten The variant version of 2015, similar to the mutant pet in Fantasy Westward Journey, the tomato potato chips turn into tomato sour soup, the soot turns into gun smoke, and the balance is still well controlled
(This is an old note in my notebook, using the old scoring system. Although this will result in a high score, I still want to show this score.)
- An exit from the Ardbeg supposed to replace the Ten, in my opinion
basic month than Ten, less catchy than Corry or Uige, more velvety, less marked on the typical peat, it is the product "goes everywhere" Ardbeg to keep some of its original markers before specific bottlings!
A sweetness that should not be forgotten for a young price too!
- 21 20 21 21 83
- Tasted after a Coastal Scotland tasting on 14/02/20.
Modern Ardbeg. One-sided in smoke and peat. In taste a sweet discrepancy with strong new oak. Finish not too long and simple. Kind of lesser combination of the Ten and the Uigea deal. Missing some character and limping on two personalities.