- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Very Special Reserve
- Bourbon Casks
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L7 002 327
- Added on
- 07 Mar 2010 12:18 pm
one in wishlist
15 × member ratings
54 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Knappogue Castle 1995
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.50 points
- Knappogue Castle 1995 (bottled 2008), approx. 12 years, 40% alc.
Region: Ireland (distillery unknown - sometimes called Bushmills and Cooley)
Nose: Very soft, finest citrus, flower meadow, mandarin and apricot. Turkish honey and some spice. Harmonious.
Palate: sweet and malty, again the citrus fruits. Grasses and vanilla, a little pear.
Finish: medium-long and very soft, some spice remains on the tongue. Otherwise the already mentioned flavors.
Conclusion: A nice single malt from Ireland - soft and fruity. Uncomplicated.
77/100 points (tasted 2014, ca. 40,00 €) posted on my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/notesofwhisky
- Tasting note from a miniature.
Compared to the 1993 and 1994, this one is has a more malty character that I recognise from Lowlands whiskies (I don't drink much Irish whisky normally) and it has a different kind of fruitiness. Didn't get that banana from those earlier expressions.
Malt sugar, vanilla, banana, apple and citrus. The nose reminds me somewhat of Littlemill, which is a compliment of course.
Vanilla sugar, malt, straw, caramel, banana and citrus. A bit too harsh for its low ABV and misses body, therefore it doesn't keep up with that promising nose at all.
Malt, caramel, citrus and a whiff of smoke.
- A really nice and refreshing dram with typical bourbon notes in the nose as well in the mouth. Ripe and refreshing citrus, sweet vanilla and toasty wood. really a well balanced dram, with a medium maybe to short finish. For me the 1993`er has more character, also a longer finish.
- Nice whisky, smooth and fresh. The finish little too short. Perfect on a summer evening.
Very fruity and light nose. I can really smell bananas, it's true.. And lots of flowery notes.
Smooth and fresh. Vanilla, fudge and oak.
Short finish, smooth and dry.
- From the Old Bushmills Distillery.