Duvel Moortgat 10-year-old

Market
be Belgium
06 Nov 2019 8:37 pm by VlaamseHollander

Whisky Reviews for Duvel Moortgat 10-year-old

4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 76.59 points

1. markjedi1 scored this whisky 73 points Connoisseur

Rinse

I am fond of Duvel. It’s a great beer. Their yearly Barrel Aged versions are equally excellent. But what I have tried of their Duvel Distilled – their shot at whisky, one from 2009 and one from 2013 – was completely unconvincing (and I’m being polite). But when they announced their 10 years old in 2019, I admit I was intrigued. Not enough to buy a bottle though. Luckily my buddy Niek was able to offer me a sample. It is a lot darker than its predecessors.

The nose is very flat, to be honest. At first I smell very little and even with hand warmth I hardly discover anything. This is not off to a good start, actually. I get some apricots, vanilla and breakfast cereals, but unfortunately also some cardboard and wet dog. Oh, well.

The arrival is very soft, very floral (violets) and candy-like. It’s a good thing they don’t call this whisky, but simply Duvel Distilled, for it is still more like a grain barley wine than my favorite water of life. Luckily it has a little more body than the previous releases (but that is hardly an accomplishment).

The finish, however, is fairly pleasant: long, a bit spicy, soft and mildly drying.

Still a very mediocre little thing. I run down to my cellar to grab another Duvel Barrel Aged beer to rinse the mouth. Thanks anyway, Niek.

2. Goldenwhiskycave scored this whisky 70 points Expert Senior

young ripened corn in color, very light oily movement in the glass, thin tears and fairly fast
      fresh, if you search I get the hop influences, spicy with a light sweetness
    • Taste
      spicy, round, strong pungent on the lips, but disappears quickly,
      powerful in the end, slightly on the pleasant bitter side for me. I expected a little more but my hopes were too high

3. Banzai scored this whisky 74 points Expert Senior

• Taste

4. TsiAI scored this whisky 60 points Expert Senior

Eyes: Golden Smell Nose: Alcohol, Wort, Cream Taste Palate: Very light and tasteless, Alcohol, Syrup Ending Rhyme Finish:/
    Body: water

Overall: 60/100