10 × in wishlist
31 × member ratings
126 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Timorous Beastie 16-year-old DL
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.17 points
- Longegrow how can you score online exclusive on release date when nobody have bottle. Stop fake rating something you couldn't tried yet. Should be banned
- This limited edition of Timorous Beastie is a well-matured, flavourful and balanced blended malt with a great mouthfeel. Rich and creamy, full of dried fruits, warming Christmas spices and notes of chocolate, but not at all overpowered by sherry. This is certainly one for the upcoming Winter season. Best to enjoy neat in good company and in front of a log fire.
The nose starts off with delicate dark red fruits, Christmas cake and juicy oranges, covered by raisins and sherry. This is followed by cinnamon spice, ginger and oak, with notes of chocolate lingering in the background.
Sweet and fruity on the palate with red fruits and juicy oranges, followed by a warming mix of ginger spice, cinnamon, white pepper and a hint of oak. Creamy notes of fruit jam and honey linger with a touch of dark chocolate towards the finish. Deliciously mouthfilling!
The finish shows good length with warming ginger spice, cinnamon and cocoa, followed by orange sweetness and dry oak on the tail.
With water: Significantly spicier on the nose when a few drops of water are added. More ginger spice, oak and pepper with a tamed fruitiness. On the palate, more chocolate flavours emerge followed by creamy notes of honey and cinnamon. Again, less fruity and more spicy. The finish is medium long and dry with bitter notes of dark chocolate, ginger and dry oak.
A sweet sherry nose straight from the bottle
Sweet apples, honey, strawberries, blackberries, some peach, grapes, some earth, some fresh wood, a few grasses, very light citrus, pine needles
Honey, apple, strawberries, grapefruit, wood, coffee,
- Pleasant blended malt, sherried and spiced and fits very well to winter season. Rather punchy and spicy with all kinds of peppers on the palate and I would personally prefer the milder version of this dram. This expression lacks complexity but on the opposite is well balanced and tasty. A good choice for Christmas time though.
Sherry, red apples, raisins and prunes, sweet orchard berries, blood oranges, toffee, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, a hint of dark roast coffee, very light woody notes
Sweet, punchy and spicy (ginger, pepper mix), blueberry jam, oranges, Christmas cake with all kinds of season spices, caramel, gentle dry oak
Spicy, dry, sweet, berry marmalade, some nuttiness, dark chocolate and leathery notes, caramelized orange zest, soft oak at the end
- Surprised, I expected worse, but it's okay. 86/87.
Floral. Sherry, forest fruits, raisin, citruses, milk caramel and spicy oak.
Powerful. Dry oak, ginger, pepper, sherry, honey, citruses, punch and cocoa.
Long, spicy, bittersweet.
- I like this one better than the 21y Timorous Beastie 'Sherry Matured'
It does not have those muddy, dampy aromas.
- Nice color.
Nice aroma: heavy, moist wood, warm sherry, vanilla sugar.
Mouth rather light, almost watery.
But also fruity and sweet.
The wood is very pronounced.
You can drink it well.
Fits well in the Advent season ...