32 × in wishlist
58 × member ratings
79 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Secret Highland 1983 WN
13 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.25 points
- Typo alert! I had to redesign the labels for technical reasons. And I didn’t change Hogshead to Butt. The 1983 is a butt. Sorry for the typo and confusion.
- Good old style whisky.
Whiskynerds bottlings have been quite good in the recent past. The 21 & 23 yo Springbanks and the Caol ila were all good. The springbank 23 is a GREAT one.
They released this 35 yo secret highland along with a 31 yo secret highland as well.
Colour: Pale yellow. Soft citrus.
Nose: Waxy. Chalky. Subtle fruitiness. Some oak. Mild tobacco & betel nut flavours. Chamoise leather. Mild citrus notes.
Palate: Full, oily and waxy. A little peppery note. Tea. Meadows. Betel leaves and some tobacco. Superb. Quite layered. Some bittersweet herbs. Minty notes but more like mint in the mint dark chocolates.
Finish: Quite long. Oakiness with some dried bananas. Mouth coating & excellent.
This style of whisky is always good. Old style with so much complexities that’s quite layered. Brilliant whisky. A good find by whiskynerds. I picked 2 bottles based on my experience with whiskynerds’ bottlings and quite happy with my decision.
- Clynelish? With some bitterness
- Ruben found some words for that: https://www.whiskynotes.be/2019/undisclosed/secret-highland-1983-liquid-art-whiskynerds/
- Pretty balanced and not tired at all despite the 35yo age - very good
Fresh, fruity, citric, peach, banana, vanilla
Oily, creamy, sirupy, subtle sweetness, fruity, orange peel, little vanilla, spices, little oak wood - very good
Medium long, warm
- Waxy with oranges and spices, really nice