- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Gordon & MacPhail (GM)
- Bottling serie
- Connoisseurs Choice - Cask Strength
- Stated Age
- 14 years old
- Refill Sherry Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 51.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Batch 19/090
- Bottled for
- The Whisky Exchange 20th Anniversary Exclusive
- Added on
- 01 Nov 2019 1:03 pm by jstep83
15 × in wishlist
34 × member ratings
38 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Clynelish 2005 GM
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.90 points
- It smells like vanilla cream, a little camphor, a little caramel. The entrance is smooth and sweet, honey, candied fruit. With a hint of leather. There is a little pepper in the tail. sooo sweet, I like it very much.
- 21 21 20 21 83 - from the opening
20 20 20 20 80 - in the standing cast it is even worse (((
Young and strong, slightly scorching, whisky is very much for an amateur fan, but I see a lot of them here))) ...
- Nose: Honey, hazelnuts, spices, waxy, mirabelle plums. Pleasant, but not particularly expressive.
Palate: Tobacco which gives it a slightly metallic side, spices, tannin, and a kind of oak chips.
Final: Relatively long, on honey, spices still very present, the tobacco of a cigar whose smoke in the mouth gives you this metallic aspect and finally the Mirabelle plum softens the whole.
- Serge and Angus said this: http://www.whiskyfun.com/archivedecember19-2-Laphroaig-Glenfarclas.html#241219 and http://www.whiskyfun.com/archivenovember19-1-Glenlivet-Dalmore.html#091119