- Single Malt
- Signatory Vintage (SV)
- Bottling serie
- Cask Strength Collection
- Stated Age
- 11 years old
- 1st Fill Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 67.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 31 Oct 2019 11:07 pm by CortheFarmer
10 × in wishlist
26 × member ratings
64 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Deanston 2008 SV
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.57 points
- Sulfur, cocoa, orange, dried fruit
- Tasted on 05-09-2020 in Rommerskirchen.
- The game of sulphur is a dangerous one; many people just view it as a fault. Personally, sulphur in whisky is one of the few places I find it acceptable and I can tolerate quite a bit. However, here my tolerance for sulphur was well and truly exceeded. There is a line in the sand, but this whisky cannot even see the line in the sand - it is out of sand and now into full-on Rotorua off-roading.
strong sulphur masking whatever else is there. I didn't even think it was that strong a whisky!
- Sulphur, gunpowder, dried friuts. Smells (and tastes) like a newyearsdaymorning in the Netherlands.
A very special whisky, but not for the faint hearted,