- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Hand-filled at the distillery
- 2019 & 2020
- Calculated age
- 25 years old
- Oloroso Puncheon
- 53.4 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 30 Oct 2019 9:41 am by TEB
38 × in wishlist
61 × member ratings
127 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 1994
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 92.31 points
- So the dram tops the cask 698 again. My personally best dronach so far. Wow. Will add a taste profile later.
- Tasted at "THE CONNOISSEUR’S TOUR" on 11-03-2019 at "Glendronach Distillery".
- I had a small dram at the distillery and remembering it wasn't impressed much at first but after about 30 min in glass it opens up in classic good sherry matured Glendronach. No sulfur or dirty notes but deep, elegant, complex and balanced dram.
- Fantastic depth of flavour. Great sherry bomb. From the distillery priced in line with similar age statement single casks. One of the best whiskies I’ve tried.
- Wow, a crazy drop! Fat sherry barrel from Glendronach without missing notes with great complexity. No sulfur, unpleasant bitterness or acidity, instead typical notes of dark fruit, dates, figs and raisins, dark chocolate, leather and tobacco. Then there is also a fine spice and beautiful wood notes. The longer you have it in the glass, the more you can discover both in the nose and on the palate. A dream for lovers of fat sherry boom, which is crowned by an endless aftertaste
- Heavily sherried but not overpowered, well balanced, sweetness and fruitiness - great!
Acacia honey, brown sugar, molasses, spices, nutmeg, old wood, toffee, dark chocolate, hints of tobacco and ham, dried fruits, plums, dates, figs - great!
Punchy, oily, liquorice, subtle sweetness, more dried fruits, dates, figs, toffee, spices, nutmeg, tobacco, chocolate, heavy sherry wood, hints of coffee - still great!
Long, warm, spicy, more woody but not drying
- Intense dark sherry, quite nice
- Great Glendronach, wonderful nose and a real delight on the palate. Unfortunately, it only slackens a little in the beginning. Still an excellent whisky
at the beginning a spicy sherry note, plums, transitioning to notes of old wood, lots of dark fruits, in the very background slightly sweet with a little caramel, the alcohol is wonderfully integrated
Strongly spicy start with intense sherry aromas, lots of plums and dark fruits, wonderful notes of old oak, very salivating, very slightly sweet in the background, becoming slightly bitter and dry at the end
spicy oak, the sherry notes come more in the background, a little dark fruit, later a little dry and a little bitter.