- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 18 years old
- Oak Casks
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Bottled for
- Added on
- 28 Feb 2010 9:14 pm
one in wishlist
53 × member ratings
128 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Blackstone 18-year-old
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 77.57 points
- Nice nose, otherwise a bit flat, but not unpleasant. Do not bother and there are certainly worse malts
- [March, 2013] Together with friends I emptied a bottle that I got as a present in March, 2013.In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 85. I took no notes.
wild cherry, dry oak, herbal and grainy
very mild, slight vanilla, tobaco, nutty
short, touch of oak
- A lot better than price, (no) name and buying place (best-known German discounter) makes you think. Blind tasting highly recommended!
- Wild cherry, dry oak, very mild and ripe, pleasant, light vanilla, tobacco and nut
- At ALDI there is this Blackstone 18yo for the price of CHF 26.90. According to not so unbelievable Internet sources it should be a Glen Ord (Diageo). Refuse me to give this drop a bad mark, just because it is a cheap no-name.
Malt, steamed apple slices, fruit (plums), oak, nut
nutty and slightly alcoholic
Milk chocolate, oak, hazelnut, rather short, with an alcoholic touch. The dryness even causes some sherry bottlenecks to close.