- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Oloroso Sherry Casks
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 27 Oct 2019 2:26 pm by MaltPat
5 × in wishlist
33 × member ratings
100 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Kavalan Oloroso Sherry Oak
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.10 points
Notes from an online blind tasting ...
Starts with solvent and sour, fermented berries. Melted plastic and a bitter herbal note. Medical, damp wood, rusty steel, green grapefruit and some menthol.
The empty glass smells nice of greased leather and lovage.
Very soft start. Woody sweetness, plums and yeast dough. Noble drops in nuts with kirsch filling. Liqueur-like. With the second sip, a little hot ginger.
Medium length. Sweet with a little herbal liqueur. Here then again the rusty.
- Right now, not much like whisky. Malt whisky is hardly recognizable because of the barrel. Still a very tasty drop, you have to like the barrel, and it is a little out of round, especially when it comes to the integration of the alcohol, which also suggests a certain youth, but you can sip it away nicely.
sweet, woody, a little schnapps, brandy beans, chocolate, strong wood, light fruit and a hint of rum. Is that whisky?
strong, very sweet, very hot, and a lot of tart wood notes, with a generally restless mouthfeel.
a lot of tart oak, with a slightly sweetish vinous note, not too long, a bit bitter at the end.
- This whisky shows what sherry casks can do in the best of circumstance. Phe-no-me-nal
Dried fruit (apricot), spices, vanilla, dried nuts, but above all the sherry
Raisins, black tea, vanilla, wine-ish, spicy, pepper
Mostly wood, a bit spicy, but also strawberry and vanilla
- - a really tasty whisky,
- great combination between oak and sherry,
- very high quality packaging!
intense fruity sweet note, sweet sherry, dark berries, cherries, old wet wood, very strong and tasty, makes you want to try it
first softer and then clearly stronger, strong sherry aroma, dark berries, oak is clearly added
medium-long, soft finish;
long finish with dry sherry or fruit notes combined with spicy oak