90.00/100
Label
Puccini Decanter
28 feb 2010 1:47 pm

Whisky reviews for MacPhail's 30-year-old GM

3 users have left 3 reviews for this whisky. Average rating is 90.00 points.

1. lachaineduwhisky did not rate this whisky Expert Senior

I thought it was a blend. Enthusiasm 3/5 Whisky n ° 1770
      Sweet woody, it promises to be creamy. Wood glue ? No ... Vanilla and cloves. Tasty, but a pity it loses in volume.
    • Taste
      Very mellow! Rich. A little too small, but never watery. It lacks a little impact, and the aromas have a tendency to mix and muddle (another hypothesis: too complex for my palate)
      Very slightly spicy and a little short.

2. Create a free Whiskybase account to read all 3 reviews for this whisky
    Create free account
  3. Amsterdam did not rate this whisky Specialist

Probably an undisclosed Macallan.

4. lolo scored this whisky 89 points Member Senior

tasted tonight a little kills this bottle, it may be a few% more to fully express itself but we are on an excellent sherry with a very nice nose on the precious varnished wood and candied fruit like those in the English cake with cherries and raisins, we could smell it for hours so it's good.
    in the mouth as I said it lacks can be a little more punch, we go on spices, cinnamon without hesitation and wood as said by my colleague "it feels like drinking directly to the barrel" it's warm, we're on almost the same continuity as the nose.
    the finish is relatively long, always drying this woody side, slightly vinous.
    On the other hand I did not detect any smoke or peat as in the notes that I could read, maybe it is necessary to let it still to aerate.

KVK: 60207205