- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- Oloroso Sherry Cask
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 24 Jan 2008 11:47 am
25 × in wishlist
426 × member ratings
1031 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Dalmore 15-year-old
46 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.82 points
- What to say about this bottling: it's smooth. Not a qualification I'd normally use for a whisky, but there's just not that much more to say about this. Not offensive in any way, no real character either. This would really, really benefit A LOT from a better presentation: get rid of the chill filtration, colouring and low ABV please.
- The windows let expect some volume, the color is auspicious. When he first crawls in, he is still promising, but in terms of taste and in the finish, he unfortunately lets up.
Raisins, sherry, roasted almonds, light oak, some caramel and vanilla are to be heard. Amazingly, a slightly dry - grassy touch
A strange touch of shower gel is on the first taste on the tongue, then a delicate sherry note, some vanilla, malt and orange. He looks very round and soft
short medium length, a little sherry, which flies relatively fast, light sweetness and a little malt remain
- Aroma: sweet raisins, a variety of nuts which are dominated by walnut and rotten (!), Dry grains, dusty sacking, exotic fruits with rotten, burnt caramel, cocoa with milk, buckwheat honey, tobacco leaf, noble wood, humidor, notes of spice for clay tea, tobacco leaves (cinnamon, cloves, orange peel). Quite a complex, but delicate flavor, slowly opening up.
Taste: burnt caramel, thick berry jam, hay walnuts, sweet spectrum spices, chocolate notes, wood tannins. Quite simply and delicately, but harmoniously and organically.
Finish: light spices that taste like anise, coffee with milk, walnut partitions, pleasant wood, a little shorter than the average.
- It wouldn't be so bad if there was no vegetable taint.
Dried fruits, celery, orange peel, walnut, vanilla and spicy oak.
Fruits, sherry, cocoa, spicy oak, vegetables and coffee.
Medium length, bittersweet.
- Smooth, Thick body. Intense
Dark fruits and orange-chocolate, nutty. Hint of oak and toffee
Vanilla palate with toffee and cocoa. Hints of oak and dark fruits. Thick and oily body
- Tasting Notes:
- [November, 2014] I had this dram during a community tasting near Bonn.In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50
- 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 82,5. I took no detailed notes.