- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Elixir Distillers (ElD)
- Bottling serie
- The Single Malts of Scotland
- Stated Age
- 20 years old
- Bourbon Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 51.1 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 18 Oct 2019 5:42 pm by DramTimeNL
15 × in wishlist
57 × member ratings
61 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenburgie 1998 ElD
13 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.85 points
- Exotic fruits, malt, à bit dirty, really nice
- A lot of tropical fruits in this whisky, in the body full but smooth, very nicely balanced whisky, very pleasant.
Fresh, tropical fruits, pineapple. Winegums as well. Then floral, vegetal, plants, like walking around at 'Intratuin'. Conifers. Scented candles.
Pickering on the tongue, sweet and again some tropical fruits, pineapple. Honey. Later on very smooth, soft yet full bodied. Creamy structure.
Still pretty strong, sweet and fruity, besides pineapple some peach now, and winegums. Pretty long finish, with later on a little bitter note underneath.
- A mixture of fresh exotic fruits along with over-ripe even moulding orchard fruits. Very subtle complexity with a undercurrent of spice to keep you on your toes.