24 × in wishlist
53 × member ratings
191 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Oban 2005
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.16 points
- Quite similar to the 14 in terms of honey, bitter oranges and overall impression. But offered an additional dimension, namely the Fino barrel and while you could clearly notice the additional barrel notes in particular, sometimes a clear note of the Fino sherry flashed. Nice whisky with flavors that are not to be found everywhere.
- Soft and fruity with malt. The sherry comes through dry. A little smoke (5-7ppm) This bottling is more intense than the previous years ...
- Very smoother, fruity and delicate rauciger malt. PLV-Tip.
- Actually expected more of this, but is was more of earthy and organic notes, did not find a variety of fruits or sweetness in it. It was not bad, but far from memorable.
In the finish some more peaty notes.
Earthy notes, a very slight whiff of peat, fruity as well, citrus, pretty some alcohol. Later on more organic/vegetal, more earth, later some caramel.
PRetty strong, honey, again something organic, a little earthy, and spicy.
Pretty smooth, earthy again, pretty short and now some more peaty notes arrive.
- Tasted on 02-25-2021.
- n: sweet, citrus, fruit, pepper, herbal, acidic
t: sweet, spicy, pepper, oak
a: fruit, spicy
- Compared to previous bottlings, the DE 2019 is seamless in terms of taste / flavor - but considerably more harmonious and intense than its predecessors.