Imagine that you are walking through a warm autumn forest, there are dead leaves all around under your feet, damp earth, moss, such a haze spreads and then you stumble over a root and fall flat on a rotten stump, all overgrown with mushrooms. You get up and do not know to be happy about it or upset. Here's about the same effect from this moldy Nevis barrel: www.whiskybase.com/whisky/140850
It seems to me that there are definitely some real mushrooms overgrown inside the barrel, but it's absolutely fantastic how charming sherry mold can be in a malt!
Serge usually gives such barrels no more than 40 points: http://www.whiskyfun.com/archiveaugust09-2.html#240809, but, thank God, I'm not Valentine, therefore: 3225'92 (the last 5 for an uncontrolled fairy fungal ugliness)