- Single Malt
- Cadenhead (CA)
- Bottling serie
- Stated Age
- 21 years old
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 05 Feb 2010 10:36 pm
one in wishlist
27 × member ratings
18 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Mortlach 21-year-old CA
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.48 points
- after drinking several times it is still a special drink. And the more often I drink it, the more fresh fruit I discover and the more I wonder where it should have been for 21 years in a sherry cask.
- a very fresh fine Mortlach, but you can not taste the 21 years. and in itself it is rather light, both in terms of color and perception.
- Note by Serge Valentin from whiskyfun.com:
Mortlach 21 yo (46%, Duthies, sherry wood, +/-2010) From Cadenhead’s now discontinued Duthies range. A big name amongst hardcore whisky enthusiasts, but there, there are thirty-seven of us. Okay, one hundred. Two hundreds? Colour: gold. Nose: very Mortlach-sulphury. Plenty of plasticine, sour dough, cooked cabbage, public pool, damp peat (not burned – yes that smells of something), and fresh baguette. You see what I mean. Mouth: forget about sulphur! This is definitely no nosing whisky, but on the palate, it does deliver. It delivers grapefruits, linseed oil, lemon juice, a pinch of salt, plasticine, grape pip oil… And all that. The strength is perfect, drop the pipettes, this is a new life! (S., eh?) Finish: rather long and, dare I say, fairly Springbanky. Duthie/Cadenhead, may we see your bond book? The aftertaste is curiously fizzy. Schweppes-Lemon. Comments: a cruel dilemma, as Frank Zappa used to say when in front of a Stratocaster. Some charming flaws… SGP:462 - 84 points.
- N: grapefruits, fudge, cinnamon, spices and honey
T: spicy/herbs - cinnamon, chocolate, apple pie and some tannins
F: winey, grains and orange
- Sulphury but it doesn't detract from what is a splendid whisky.
Huge lemon, pastry, butter and some sulphur that makes it meatier than usual.
Delightful, soft, buttery and lovely.
Long, smooth and wonderful.