11 × in wishlist
76 × member ratings
211 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Aberlour A'bunadh batch #64
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.96 points
- Sherry classic. Not quite I went, from this distillery I prefer some kind of double helmet, triple helmet, so that not so much in sherry ..
Sherry, raisins, dark fruits, liquorice, marzipan
Oak flavor, delicate sweetness, pleasant tingling
shallow, long-lasting dark chocolate
- This is a difficult whisky!. It needs water. But even with water and time in glass it does not open up much.
Typical sherry notes on the nose. Dry fruits, brown sugar. Very strong
The taste has everything the nose promised along with a slight citrus edge. Sweet and sour with a slight acidic touch. Spicy on the finish.
Not much going on in there. I had high hopes for this bottle but so far it has failed to deliver. After having tasted it on multiple occasions I still feel underwhelmed by it.
Will give it some time in the bottle before I taste it again.
Adding 2 more points to my original score. It opened up better after some time in the bottle
- Nice drinking whisky but no whiskyheaven.
- The classic representative of the line. Bright and rich.
- I don't know, pure almost too strong, water breaks it a little, the finish is still the best. I probably won't become a fan of the a'bunadh anymore, although he's not bad either.
Sweet, fruity, light solvent notes, somewhat sour fruitiness, would almost think of esters, not unlike a little Jamaican rum. Over time, it calms down a bit and there are more full, nutty sherry flavors, lots of raisins, and a little oak. First of all, water wipes out your nose, there is not so much left, unfortunately.
Pure, it is actually edible, very sweet, sherry, slightly acidic fruitiness, a little pepper and a hint of oak, without becoming bitter. There is a bit more bitterness with water, in total, but it gets a little softer, but without any aromatic gain.
warm, sweet, spicy, sherry and fruity notes, more oak and tobacco over time.