- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 24 Jan 2008 11:47 am
4 × in wishlist
86 × member ratings
200 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Fettercairn 12-year-old
14 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 74.54 points
- that's really irrelevant. Slips over the palate and leaves a little bit of bitterness and you've already forgotten it.
In the nose the same yoghurt note as the 2018, only much more intense and dominant. Then again vanilla, fruit, maybe apricots. Lighter and less meaningful than the 2018er.
In the mouth then volatile, some fruit, light, slightly tart notes, maybe some dried apricot.
In the finish then fruit, effervescent tablet, a little bitter oak, mint.
- [June, 2003] I had this dram during a FoSM club tasting. In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50
- 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 75. Please see detailed tasting note below.
- It has a light texture. The mouthfeel is rough, thin, tingling and it stays in the middle of the tongue only. Water does not change a lot.
lemon, rubber, hay, wood, slightly dry, trester grappa, unripe fruits, minor adhesive glue, grass, raspberry?, nutty, chocolate, caramel
dark chocolate, dry, starts gentle and gets sharp (spices)
short, flat, bitter, dry, adstringent
- Very strong taste for a 12 year old , for this age a very good bottle, underrated and discontued.
- The malt smells even more elegant than average, but shows in the finish and especially in the taste very thin.
- N- Open up with some musky sherry notes, follow by caramel, marzipan and mocha. Citrusy of pear and pomerol.
T- Soft profile of pepper, nutty roasted coffee and chocolate are also presents. Rounded, but lightly flat and thin.
F- Short-Medium. Flat out with overtones of soft spices.
— at The Whisky Bar, Kuala Lumpur.
- Attractive whisky.
Color: "deep copper" could also. Nose: sweet, promised a lot.
Sweet goes on, currency can also be observed. If you are sensitive to it, "lightly peated" is also appropriate.
Unfortunately a bit short, because I would like to enjoy more. Sweet predominates, but this is pleasant. Few of mint is delicious.
- Party in the mouth!