- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- August 2019 Release
- Stated Age
- 21 years old
- European&American 1st Fill Sherry+Refill Cask
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 03 Oct 2019 5:43 pm by Ullu
25 × in wishlist
43 × member ratings
123 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Highland Park 21-year-old
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.18 points
- I am doubtful of these high reviews. Highland Park's quality has been slipping for years and years. I doubt this overpriced 21 year old has any quality until I see proper tasting notes.
- 21 Years old whisky can be either, stunning or underwhelming and in this case, it's a latter of the two.
I don't detect much sherry influence at all here, which they seem to mention on the box but it's definitely lacking? Luckily I don't factor in the price, otherwise, the score would be even worse.
Soft highland park peat, bourbon sweetness, floral, light, spring flowers, ash dust, lemon dip and some spice.
Sherbet, cream, nutmeg, floral, light honey and ginger.
Strong bitter wood, completely ruins the finish.
- Absolutely phenomenal whisky! In my opinion this goes head to head with the new 25 August 2019 Release at half the price.