Stokerij de Molenberg Fado Vivo

Overall rating
Single Malt
Distillery Bottling
Bottling serie
2nd Anniversary Edition
Bourbon + Tawny Port Wine Cask Finish
Number of bottles
46.0 % Vol.
200 ml 500 ml
Added on
02 Oct 2019 1:44 pm

Average value

€ 576.66

48 × in wishlist

58 × member ratings

305 × in collection

Whisky Reviews for Stokerij de Molenberg Fado Vivo

7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.46 points

  1. B4ndit0 scored this whisky 94 points Newbie

  2. Rino Rotten scored this whisky 85 points Expert Senior

    Gold Medal Spirits Selection by Concours Mondial Brussels 2016

  3. JNuyts scored this whisky 84 points Connoisseur

    nose: ripe granny smith apple, pear, honey, caramel, something floral => blossom ?, postage is nicely present.
    taste: cinnamon, grain, oak, ripe fruit as described above, is also something spicy in herbs but can not bring home what it is
    aftertaste: medium, softness with a little bit of bitterness that eventually nicely reflects the sweetness of the fruit
    • Nose
      84 84
    • Taste
      85 85
    • Finish
      84 84

  4. Lucky28 scored this whisky 84 points Member Senior

    • Nose
      83 83
    • Taste
      86 86
    • Finish
      83 83

  5. lucmotard did not rate this whisky Member Senior

    Golden Carolus Fado Vivo 2nd The second release Gouden Carolus Anniversary from distillery Molemberg got the tittle Fado Vivo this year. It is a blend of several single malts, in the past we would call this a vatted malt. In total, the Fado Vivo ripens for 3 years in ex bourbon casks, so the name whisky may be used. This is followed by a finish on port barrels for 2 years. For the composition 75% Porto barrels are selected and for the remaining 25% barrels are taken from the maturing chambers of different ages. The ex Porto barrels were used for 6 years to ripen port, the effect that these barrels give is really breathtaking. Pretty sweet and very accessible. Perfect for after dinner, and very nice with a sturdy cheesecloth. Country of origin: Belgium Content: 50 cl Alcohol percentage: 48% Year: 2015 Taste: Sweet

  6. retlaw did not rate this whisky Expert Junior


  7. Bram84 scored this whisky 83 points Expert Senior

    • Nose
      85 85
    • Taste
      80 80
    • Finish
      82 82


Add tasting tags by clicking the flavours you recognized in this whisky.


Whiskybase is founded in 2007 with the goal to create the biggest resource of whisky information in the world. A community driven website built by and for whisky enthusiasts.  

Whiskybase B.V. 
Zwaanshals 530 
3035 KS Rotterdam 
The Netherlands 

KVK: 52072819
VAT: NL850288836B01

Copyright © 2021

Forgot your password?