9 × in wishlist
48 × member ratings
59 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Mannochmore 2008 JE
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.80 points
- If you ever look for cask strength PX sherry wine, this is it. This has not much to do with whisky in my opinion. It’s sticky sweet, probably due to ‘some’ transport liters. Young, fierce, unbalanced, no this is not very good.
- Nose: Sherry with a light wine. Cherries.
Taste: Of course, the dominance of sherry. Quite aggressive in taste. The flavor is very strong. The taste of this whisky is youthful
Rating: 88 | 100 A fairly long finish of course with a sherry profile. Of course it is whisky to drink but it would be better if it was not so aggressive
- Well, this one's really disappointing. Mannochmore, James Eadie and a very attractive color, three elements that made me really looking out for this one.
But sadly, even this combination can sometimes just don't work.
Very alcohol-driven, and actually no real tastes or aroma's to be found. It's kind of dark apple syrup on heavy alcohol with a slide of medicine, cough drink or something.
The least Mannochmore ánd James Eadie bottling I've tasted so far, and I'm really surprised how this whisky still can have so many very high rates.
Or did I miss some genius secret layer somewhere underneath? (I doubt it, for I really gave it some time as well). But okay, you can't argue about taste, so they say...
Earthy notes, apple syrup. Not a lot to determine here actually, very pale and odorless.
Strong, a lot of pepper, pickering. Some hard-to-define dark taste, a little syrupy, prunes perhaps. Some vegetal thing. But only a little taste actually, predominantly some alcohol.
Still pretty strong, pepper, still something dark and medicinal, Bentasil throat pastilles clearly come in mind now. Still some syrup and a lack of other tastes.
- Caramelised vegetables really disturb.
- Beetroot pulp with really awful, vegetable finish. Close to undrinkable in that part.