- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Refill Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 60.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- The Whisky Exchange 20th Anniversary
- Added on
- 29 Sep 2019 2:01 am by cavalier66
36 × in wishlist
21 × member ratings
58 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Chichibu 2012
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 91.22 points
- 93 points from Serge. Wow!
Young and peaty, sour oak, peat syrup, balanced, raw nuts, light stone fruits, roasted pork, seaweeds.
Intense, peat syrup, stone fruits, peach and pear, juicy and savory, rich.
Very long, balanced, cocoa powder, chocolates.
- And now Ruben with a 91: https://www.whiskynotes.be/2020/japan-whisky/chichibu-2012-cask-2089-whisky-exchange/
- Good Lord, a 93! from Serge: http://whiskyfun.com/#060520
That's going to get people's motors whirring.
We finish with a peated Chichibu.
C: I can’t fault this lovely dry smoky whisky with a ‘maturity beyond it’s years’, another quality I associate with Chichibu.
- Sweet and creamy with stone fruits, an enjoyable straightforward chichibu reminds me of the chibidaru bottlings