- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 08 years old
- 1st Fill American Whisky / 3rd fill Sauternes
- Number of bottles
- 56.9 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L163330, 19/167
- Added on
- 20 Sep 2019 10:27 pm by Tauti
33 × in wishlist
53 × member ratings
280 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Octomore Edition 10.2 διάλογος / 96.9 ppm
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.40 points
- If you give it some time it will reward you. From palate to aftertaste it will take you on a salty and hot ride. Full review (in german): https://keinehalbendrinks.de/2019/11/14/zehn-punkt/
Stone fruits like peach and nectarine at the forefront, with a whiff of smoked bacon and charred oak in the background. A touch salty seaweed as well. It gives of a rich, buttery, oily vibe.
Thick and sticky mouthfeel, with notes of butterscotch and refined sugar. Nice interplay between the sweet notes and the barbecue smoke. Hints of leather and rubber, as well as iodine.
A tad dry. A whiff of chocolate and nougat. Lingering smoke and tar.
- I was allowed to try this dram in the context of a vertical tasting of some Octomores.
Color: light amber
Smoke, very sweet, peach, amarena cherry
extremely sweet, peach, apricot, very strong, smoke
dry, sweet, long, apricot
- Had a sample of this. My first octomore and it is what I expect. A strong alcoholic medicinic smokey islay. What amazes me most is the almost oily texture, spreads very well all over my mouth.
Quite expensive but really tasty.
changes a little bit with water, first impression is very sweet, apricots, peaches, maracuja. Then the smoke sets in (coal. fish factory). Very well balanced on the nose gets smokier with a little bit of water.
Clearly influenced by the sauterne cask. Starts of unexpectedly sweet but then it is followed by a lot of smoke. Smoked Salmon for me but also crisp bacon.
Smoke smoke and lots of it, but still a little bit of sweetness and cough medicine. Also quite salty. Very complex. I like it!