- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Stated Age
- 09 years old
- 42 Ex-Bourbon Barrels/ 3 Oloroso casks
- Number of bottles
- 48.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 18 Sep 2019 9:38 pm by WhiskyAddicted
16 × in wishlist
21 × member ratings
79 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Kilchoman 2010
3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.05 points
- Very easy to drink. Dangerously tasty. At first wonderfully soft and mild in the mouth, then getting stronger, then comes the oak, great complex. In the finish with lemon, pear, dark chocolate, espresso and smoke. Brilliant. Drinks as light as apple spritzer.
- In the nose very promising, it is on the tongue only harsh, then almost bitter. Unfortunately a bit exhausting.
Camp fire smoke with submerged peat soil, smoked ham, heated metal. Smoked lemon slices, nutmeg, clove powder. Vanilla pudding. The nose alternates between greasy smoke, spice and fruit.
Sweet-sour onset with hearty smoke, tart herbs, slices of lemon and bitter orange marmalade with pieces. Crème brûlée with burnt caramel layer. Malt, dry wood. The bitter herbs play in the bitter, that can not catch the lemon alone.
Relatively short finish, dry, smoky, bitter to bitter. If a little fruit should be left, it can not be seen behind the smoke.
- Nose very mineral peat, plastic and rubber, but also shells, guano, rocky iodine. On the palate, light vanilla, white plum, juicy apple, nice finish.