- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Limited Reserve
- Stated Age
- 18 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- 1780 on light background
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 21 Feb 2010 5:06 pm
25 × in wishlist
135 × member ratings
317 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Jameson 18-year-old
30 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.10 points
- Can't see any difference between this and standard NAS Jameson
- If there is one of the friendliest, then it is the Jameson 18. Without ifs and buts, one of my insider tips. This blend comes so elegant and surprisingly complex that the low alcohol level hardly matters. One of the highest quality blends I know.
On the nose really appealing. Very intense and direct, he delivers sweet sherry notes with vanilla and ripe apples. A very complex nose when you bring time. Very tasty and stimulating aromas stand in the room above the glass.
Silky creamy appearance on the palate with all the fruits that the South German from the homeland so knows. Serve with lemon cake with a portion of bourbon vanilla. Also very spicy, he comes but more pleasant than the nose had previously said. Ripe tropical fruits dipped in honey.
Medium to long but suddenly gone without announcement. Also very sweet but drier, he sounds with his head up. He is one of the big ones in the Blend business.
- Interesting Irishman, very pleasant and with quite complex nose, which is really pleasant but has some sharp metallic notes. Probably grain component? The taste is also pleasant but quite monotone with apparent oakiness. The aftertaste is rather long and pleasant. And the last but not least: 3-6 more degrees ABV would be a definite plus.
Light, buttery (fudge), yellow apple, vanilla, sultanas, tropical fruits and honey notes, citrus peel, light oakiness, some metallic notes?
A bit sharp and punchy with moderate spiciness, slightly sweet, peach bubble gum, vanilla fudge, woody, tobacco and leather notes
Long, spicy, woody, walnut shells, leathery notes, light maltiness and bitterness
- What a flop. 40 points.
Sweet, burnt hair. Furniture chips. Some honey and citrus.
Sweet and fruity with lots of vanilla and wood. Something artificial.
Medium long, sweetish.
- Excellent whiskey if you want to try something different.
Soft vanilla sweet and fresh sour citrus. Green apple and marshmallow. Soft sherry notes with nuts. After opening completely, the nose gets even better when the sour notes are fading away and the apples are taking over. Deeper down there's a Little dry hay.
Very soft, smooth coming in with a lot of corn (reminds me of the bulleit rye) and a complex nutty taste. Oak and vanilla sweet with a tickle of oranges.
Good half long finish, malty - grain, vanilla sweet. Light oak and nuts. Not drying out too much.
- A really nice, round 18's from Jameson, has some nice combinations that I did not have that often.
Very interesting flavors, fresh cocoa mixed with orange and grapefruit, vanilla sweets, fresh licorice, honey and malt, wax, somehow a little bit of nice rum, green apple
Here too, the beautiful mixture of some fruit, orange, grapefruit, even a little mango, vanilla, sweet malt, fresh cocoa and honey with thyme, green apple, a little pear and nettle, licorice
Sweet malt with apples, mango and melon, licorice, dry-fruity, medium-long
- Somehow delicious - but at the same time too boring for a whole bottle
very sweet, creamy, oak cabinet wall, nuts, cocoa, wax, orange, lemon zest
soft, sweet, round, mild, very oily, citrus, orange oil with dark chocolate and some mint
spicy dry oak, wax with oranges, minty fresh cooling and warming at the same time, some resin