- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- First-fill Bourbon
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L 20 08 19
- Added on
- 03 Sep 2019 6:05 pm by holborndrinker
11 × in wishlist
46 × member ratings
167 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Arran Barrel Reserve
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.59 points
- nice price, nice whisky
- Tasted on 09-11-2020.
- Nose 21, taste 20.5, finish 20, balance 20.5
- Good value easy drinking dram.
Review here: https://youtu.be/gLbFbBelFZg
Light nose with floral, grassy notes. Slight hint of vanilla, honeysuckle, roasted marshmallows.
Sour mash, notes of apples
Short, leaves mostly notes of the sour mash and not much else.
- Good! with Soda.
- Arran Barrel Reserve (American Oak) is a nice gentle whisky perfect as aperitif / to share with friends. The drink is well balanced. Everyone will like this, but nothing special here (for me). Great price / quality!
Soft nose with agreeable tones of citrus and thyme.
Light with nutmeg and hint of lime. A fruity hint, gentle. A bit dusty but balanced. Not extremely outspoken. A taste that will compel to everyone.
Green apples in the aftertaste with soft wood and earthy tones. But the aftertaste is too short!
- just right for me as a vanilla / caramel fan; I just like it cool
a really good Easydrinking Dram with good PLV
from the bitter and the astringent I suspect that "virgin oak" was used but with the sweetness it fits
clearly a buying candidate for me
neat vanilla, pear becomes more fresh !!, floral, strawberry, lemon, earthy, shortbread
soft and silky on the palate
sweet, malt, vanilla again !!, peach, apricot?, strawberry again, sweet pastries, shortbread, toffee, the alcohol tingles a little, slightly spicy
becomes more spicy, oak, sweetness, vanilla, again strawberry (light), slightly liquorice, becomes tart, astringent
- Especially the nose is nice and enjoyable, the body/taste then disappoints a little, in the finish it gets more tasteful again.
Fresh, fruity, lemon, some grassy notes, freshly mown grass. Tropical fruits, then some caramel, toffifee.
Sweet, a little pickering, also a strange sour edge, orange.
Still some pepper, pickering. Orange, some peach, pretty strong finish, middle long. White pepper.
Honey, cereals, grapes, peach, pear, apple, a little nut and some citrus
Honey, cereals, apple, peach, orange, grapefruit, apple peel, some wood, some pepper