- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- First-fill Bourbon
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L 20 08 19
- Added on
- 03 Sep 2019 6:05 pm by holborndrinker
14 × in wishlist
81 × member ratings
229 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Arran Barrel Reserve
15 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.04 points
- Sweet, light fruity, citrus and vanilla. Tart citrus peel in the mouth, crisp, nice start. The finish tart, some oak, citrus. Rather short. Light, young sommet dram that is beautifully composed. Nothing is too young there, but easy drinking of course. Nice entry-level that tastes good.
- nice price, nice whisky
- Blind tasting.
Noticeable on the nose: In any case straight bourbon maturation, I do not suspect an age.
Region: difficult ... rather not Speyside, guess Islands, Scapa or Arran ... rather Scapa because of the sweetness
Rating maybe a bit hard after knowing the price. Price is fair
Citrus, apple, young? No alcohol noticeable. Something fresh. Mint?
Very sweet, apple, orange, cocoa, some wood spice
Amazingly dry in contrast to the taste - citrus / grapefruit, spices. Short! Unfortunately there is also something that reminds me of glue.
- Good bourbon whisky for every day
- Primitive, unripe, rough whisky. Not worth the money spent.
Simple, malty, with notes of foliage and young bark.
Sharp enough. Bread, salted caramel, tannins.
Short, dry, too malty, sweet-salty. In the end, an unpleasant oak bitterness remains.
- Tasted on 09-11-2020.
- Nose 21, taste 20.5, finish 20, balance 20.5
- Good value easy drinking dram.
Review here: https://youtu.be/gLbFbBelFZg
Light nose with floral, grassy notes. Slight hint of vanilla, honeysuckle, roasted marshmallows.
Sour mash, notes of apples
Short, leaves mostly notes of the sour mash and not much else.
- Good! with Soda.
- Arran Barrel Reserve (American Oak) is a nice gentle whisky perfect as aperitif / to share with friends. The drink is well balanced. Everyone will like this, but nothing special here (for me). Great price / quality!
Soft nose with agreeable tones of citrus and thyme.
Light with nutmeg and hint of lime. A fruity hint, gentle. A bit dusty but balanced. Not extremely outspoken. A taste that will compel to everyone.
Green apples in the aftertaste with soft wood and earthy tones. But the aftertaste is too short!