- Single Malt
- Gordon & MacPhail (GM)
- Bottling serie
- Connoisseurs Choice - Cask Strength
- Stated Age
- 19 years old
- Refill American Hogshead
- Batch 19/069
- Number of bottles
- 58.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 29 Aug 2019 2:28 pm by CortheFarmer
7 × in wishlist
23 × member ratings
17 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glen Scotia 2000 GM
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.68 points
- Requires patience and some water - then a chameleon - malt, bread, fruits, oak, - in constant change - reveals a positive surprise
- Powerful one, particularly in body and finish, nose is pretty light for its high Abv. Oily, fruity, sweet. I miss the smoky edge a little, but it still has this unpolished note that I like in most Glen Scotia's I've tasted so far.
The pretty high Abv is not really remarkable in the nose, no alcohol punch and it's not very intense. Pretty raw nose, fruity and oily.
Clearly stronger now, more power. Nuts, fruity notes, citrus and peach. Thick and olly structure. Some caramel and chocolate after some time.
Still pretty strong and thick, with some peach, honey, nuts. Pretty long.
- Nice as the Brennereicharakter comes through. Lemon, oily, yummy.
Nothing will be killed here.