Clynelish 1995 SV

Strength
29 Aug 2019 12:28 pm by Whiskylifestyle
Cask StrengthSingle Cask Whisky

Whisky Reviews for Clynelish 1995 SV

4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.23 points

1. Jackson05 scored this whisky 70 points Connoisseur

Massively sulphured. Don’t do it.

(Sept/2020) Freshly opened bottle, but I get nothing but dank wood and spent matches/used fireworks. What a shame. I’ll start with 70 and see where it goes from there

(January/2021) Edit: I’ve had this open for a while now and my score stands. This is a flawed Clynelish. Big sulphur notes completely run over the distillate. For Shame. Also, this is likely a refill PX butt, due to its sticky sweetness (also not my preference).

2. whiskycanuck scored this whisky 70 points Expert Junior

I’m with Jackson05 on this one. I’ve done the same, let it oxidize hoping it would correct itself but it has yet to. I gave it a 70 as I was raised that if you don’t have anything nice to say, than don’t say it at all. But, after paying nearly $400 for this puppy I can’t help but be a little ticked off. IMHO Signatory is good at releasing bourbon cask strength releases, their sherries are hit and miss like this one. Try before you buy, get a sample off a friend or split a sherried signatory cask with several people so if you can’t try before you buy you’ve mitigated maximum disappointment and capital loss. This sulphur bomb left a bad taste in my mouth and I’m sharing this review so no one else has to be left with the same after taste.

P.S. - if anyone tells you that sulphur is well integrated into a good sherry malt, ask them if they use to sell 4 cylinder mustangs for a living.

3. Ilic86 scored this whisky 100 points Member Junior

Old dusty sherry notes, no water required. Very tasty. Hints of caramilk fudge and a touch of salty sea breez. Great completely when left to rest for 15 to 20 min

4. Finlaggan scored this whisky 82 points Expert Senior

Review can be found here: