- Distillery Bottling
- TB100 19-1
- 50.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 28 Aug 2019 3:17 pm by Ras Mazunga
5 × in wishlist
29 × member ratings
35 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Balcones True Blue - 100 Proof
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.54 points
- The nose is great, but the bitterness in the mouth is almost too violent. The finish shows only oak dominated and hardly the corn anymore. Hmm, I still don't know what to think of the two blue corns.
Extremely sweet and dense nose. Popcorn, vanilla, butter, spices, oak. As with the Baby Blue, only delicious. Not dusty, juicy sweet.
phew, there's a bitterness in there, the skin is gone. Spices, lots of wood, massive bitterness, mint.
The finish is beautiful on wood and spices and still gives an idea of the bitterness in the mouth.
- The whiskey is surprisingly well done.
Forest fruits (kool aid), vanilla, toffee, mango, apple, dark chocolate, coffee and cinnamon.
Apple, vanilla, toffee, corn, cinnamon, ground coffee, chocolate, hint of liquorice and oak.
Medium, oak, chili pepper, bitter chocolate, cinnamon, ground coffee, baked apple and cinnamon.
- Tasted on 04-03-2020.
- A candied sweetness in the nose with apple, caramel and toffee. Tastes very young though with loads of pepperiness all the way through the finish.
- Surprisingly tasty whiskey. The Blue corn is very special. Very sweet
Nutmeg, vanilla, spicy, chocolate, brown sugar
Very sweet and soft. Nuts, spicy.
Long aftertaste, again sweet and soft