83.50/100
Blend
Hankey Bannister & Co. (HBC)
1960s
Label
no Bottle Size, no ABV
27 Aug 2019 9:53 pm by alex..w..fan

Whisky Reviews for Hankey Bannister Scotch Whisky

2 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.50 points

1. lincolnimp scored this whisky 85 points Connoisseur

This bottle is a 60`s one and I have been after a decent sized sample for some time.
    I have bid on a few of these at auction but I have always been outbid.
    Worth a punt at the right price.
      It smells like toffee mixed with spices including ginger on first nosing.
      It also reminds me a little of brown vinegar but in a good way.
      Some dried cooked beef note emerges and a faint hint of peach.
      Nice nose if a little distant which loses it a few points
    • Taste
      Now then, it is peaty, creamy, toffee and spicy and these 4 angles are having a punch up in my mouth, so on the one hand you could say there was no balance but if you are like me you would call it entertaining :)
      There is a very slight lime note emerging that mixes with the spicy toffee and there is a an almost chemical sweet note which I am having trouble describing.
      It settles down into a classic 601s creamy toffee combo but the very slight chemical note which I have no doubt is down to OBE knocks it down a point
      The finish is longer than I was expecting but still not long but it is enjoyable and sweet until the end.

2. alex..w..fan did not rate this whisky Connoisseur

From the opening - the nose, we can assume that there is not, and the grain is a bit much further on in everything. So far, without evaluation, and forced to leave to take a break, wait ...