89.50/100
Bottled for
Deinwhisky.de
23 Aug 2019 9:51 pm by tribe

Whisky Reviews for Inchgower 2007 WhDr

2 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.50 points

1. mothers_finest scored this whisky 89 points Expert Senior

The whisky has indeed a very big port wine influence. A classic fashion whisky! Take a wet cask, fill up with young whisky and you'll be talking to both worlds - whisky diners as well as wine and port wine friends.

Crisp raisins in the nose, dark chocolate, cocoa, a little bit of menthol, caramel, vanilla. Fits so far. I like it; However, I'm also self-confessed port wine drinker.

Very sweet on the palate, milk chocolate, Ritter Sport raisins, hazelnuts, trail mix, dates, roasted almonds, cotton candy, again cocoa ... delicious! However, not necessarily perfectly balanced. The Malt scores much more in terms of barrel recording, as that he would be super balanced. Therefore, do not misunderstand; but we do not have a gentleman before the Lord here ... You have to like the direct influence of the barrel! Do I taste the 'Gower here? .... to be honest, I do not think so.

On the other hand, I have already drunk things at the age that have hurt my throat significantly more. So I would lie if this inchgower would not be easy to enjoy without water!

Finish: medium long, very sweet, creamy, caramel, again chocolate ... yes the part is delicious! I hate it when a plan goes up, because ripening a malt for 11 years in a wet port wine barrel is not really the big whisky art.
    But be it. Whisky or not - I like that part and with a clear conscience 89 points!

Conclusion: difficult! I always try to rate Malts the way they taste. The fact that all the rules of art, as well as a portion of idyll could be trampled on feet, may interest my philosophy, but unfortunately not my taste buds. So I have to be honest with myself - and I'm not a Fame Boy - the Malt tastes good!

(NB: Thanks to deinwhisky.de for the free sample when ordering)
    • Taste

2. ARDBERG scored this whisky 85 points Connoisseur

Never heard of a port quarter cask before. Interesting.

Not sure if this is a whisky. Port, port, port, port, port, port, port, port, port, port, port, port, port, port ... I like the taste, don't get me wrong but it is rather strong port than whisky.
    I'd have a meatball & pasta recipe that would go well with it.
    5 years less in port would have been more to my liking but the one who get crazy on a sweet port, go for it. Inchgower is non existent in this one.

My rates are based on the sticky spiked port and hardly detecable whisky influence. It is a sweet sweet port dram that will do the job for you if you like this profile.

From a 3 cl sample of a freshly opened bottle.
    • Taste