- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask Series
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- First Fill Sherry European Oak
- Number of bottles
- 58.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Wu Dram Clan
- Added on
- 21 Aug 2019 10:38 pm by Mitswhisky
10 × in wishlist
50 × member ratings
91 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Highland Park 2003
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.31 points
- Again a very good choosen SC by the guys from the Wu Dram Clan...well done guys. The color let expect a lot and i wasn’t disappointed after trying these Sherry-Bomb. Good to see how different it is to to many 12/13yo SC from HP. Good balanced.
- Shared cask: https://www.whiskybase.com/whiskies/whisky/134993/highland-park-2003
An initial hit of struck matches that isn't extremely dominant, but it doesn't really subside either. Notes of espresso, dark chocolate, molasses and forest fruits as well. A whiff of cocoa butter and vanilla pods too. Super intense and dense.
Creamy and pretty polished, which hasn't always been my experience with Highland Park at this strength and age. The sulphur makes an encore, but there's also shortbread, blackberries, burnt caramel and a barely detectable whisper of smoke. A touch of pepper as well.
Lingering pepper and somewhat drying. A touch of espresso. Long.
- Ruben found some words for this dark beauty: https://www.whiskynotes.be/2019/highland-park/highland-park-2003-6162-wu-dram-clan/
- Thijs100 nailed it. The sulfur note is not pleasing everybody. I do not mind it generally, but not in my HP. Besides that it is a really good SC, if you like it dirty. Just compared it to a 13y old SC no. 5875 2004/2018 for Luxembourg 65,4%. Clean SC HP. Somehow like Angel and Devil. Both great in their way.
- A nice, dirty sherry board that reminds me of the Speyside Hero from the Whisky Chamber with its notes of burnt toad and Nutella or Hanuta :-)
- An intensely strong sherry HP with a great nose but basic body. At least all is balanced.
Vanilla, chocolate, orange zest, burnt paper, pepper, bitter honey.
Creamy and sweet, rough on the edges, slightly oily and very very dry.
Medium, spicy pepper and numbing sensation.