Cotswolds Distillery Summer Festival Release 2019

Overall rating
Single Malt
Distillery Bottling
Port Cask
Number of bottles
50.0 % Vol.
700 ml
Added on
20 Aug 2019 3:19 pm by OJW

Average value

€ 83.58

0 × in wishlist

6 × member ratings

20 × in collection

Whisky Reviews for Cotswolds Distillery Summer Festival Release 2019

1 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.50 points

  1. whisky313 did not rate this whisky Specialist

    official information:
    In celebration of our Summer Festival 2019, we have bottled our first Port Cask Single Malt Whisky. These barrique casks provide rich flavours of oak spice, red fruits and dark chocolate.

    Malt: Odyssey, grown on Cotswolds farms and floor-malted at Warminster Maltings.

    Yeast: Two complementary varieties - Anchor and Fermentis - to ensure good yields and excellent fruity flavours.

    Water: Village water supply - filtered, softened and demineralised before use.

    Wood: Ex-Ruby Port casks, premium first-fill ex-Bourbon barrels and a Cream Sherry Quarter cask.

    Tasting notes:

    Nose: Rich red fruits, creamy vanilla & dark chocolate.

    Palate: Cherry, blackcurrant, with layers of cinnamon and ginger.

    Finish: Long and spicy. Cinnamon remains with hints of almonds and cocoa.

    We began making this unique release the same way as our flagship single malt. High and narrow spirit cuts, following on from a long fermentation using two yeast varieties, are responsible for the high ester count in our new-make spirit, resulting in a creamy and fruity flavour.

    For this release, we filled Ruby Port casks and premium first-fill ex-Bourbon barrels with our new-make spirit. The port casks were left to mature for 4 years, whilst the ex-Bourbon barrels were matured for 2.5 years before being finished in a Cream Sherry Quarter Cask. We then blended together 90% Ruby Port cask with the remaining 10% of the Cream Sherry finished ex-Bourbon barrel.

    This special release has been bottled at 50% ABV, non-chill filtered and without any additional colouring.

    Recommended Retail Price £84.95


Add tasting tags by clicking the flavours you recognized in this whisky.


Whiskybase is founded in 2007 with the goal to create the biggest resource of whisky information in the world. A community driven website built by and for whisky enthusiasts.  

Whiskybase B.V. 
Zwaanshals 530 
3035 KS Rotterdam 
The Netherlands 

KVK: 52072819
VAT: NL850288836B01

Copyright © 2018

Forgot your password?