84.88/100
DRU 17/A62 11+12
Strength
20 aug 2019 11:23 am by Maltbox

Whisky reviews for Unnamed Orkney 2006 SV

6 users have left 6 reviews for this whisky. Average rating is 84.88 points.

1. ffmdino did not rate this whisky Connoisseur

a more than soligen malt, this one is challenging
    I think he's cool and has a great PLV
    do not add any water
    I type from Hans Peter
      spicy, heather becomes less, sweet, a little smoke, a little vanilla
      with water: sweeter, slightly earthy
    • Taste
      full and strong on the palate
      Oak, malt, sweet, vanilla, peppery, a little prickly, a little smoke
      with water: softer, less smoke, more peppery
      medium long
      minimal smoke, very spicy, light and sweet fruits, astringent
      with water: vanilla and gets dirty

2. Create a free Whiskybase account to read all 6 reviews for this whisky
    Create free account
  3. gerrit de guru scored this whisky 87 points Expert Senior

I like it quite a bit. For me the HP chartacter is deffo there and it's rather clean but not naked. The bourbon barrel is not too loud. I was pleasantly surprised. Prefer this any day over their standard 12yo. Indy HP's are such a blessing.

4. glen efze scored this whisky 83 points Expert Senior

Slight acidity and sweetness in the aroma, rather light caramel, subtle vanilla. I do not find the Highland Park aroma with light smoke that is actually to be expected. Smells like a typical Hogshead whisky, but is difficult to identify.
    In the taste comes oak. Here, too, the Orkney note is missing.
    Too little Highland Park character for me, interchangeable.

5. Expraesi scored this whisky 84 points Expert Senior

6. Igitor scored this whisky 86 points Connoisseur

Highland Park ;)

7. stnlskz scored this whisky 86 points Member Senior

Each whisky tells us a unique story.

There are whiskys that tell us very different chapters. Then others who, from the nose to the dryness of the palate, tell us the same adventure.

This is the case with this Highland Park bottled by Signatory Vintage. Aged in Hogsheads, it shows a rather pale gold, rather straw even when I bring the glass to the light.

And the story begins with the first emanations that come to meet my nose: it is a walk in the middle of nature, with vegetal and woody notes (trees, pines). A balance is formed with notes of vanilla and citrus (orange, grapefruit). These scents are very fragrant.

Nature reminds me in the mouth. In the middle of an oily texture, I pick up earthy and fruity aromas (red fruits, lemon). The wood structures a whisky that I find smooth and sweet, but never overdone. A walk without breathing the air is not a walk.

The finish of this Highland Park is rather light despite its degree of alcohol. It gives off a certain warmth, and the vegetal notes it offers me reminds me sometimes of a tour of a pond, sometimes of a walk in the forest.

This Highland Park is a real treat. This is a bottle that we split with a friend of mine, and we weren't wrong. We loved tasting it and letting it tell us its story: Un soir d'Avril.

KVK: 60207205