12 × in wishlist
64 × member ratings
64 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Hazelburn 2007 CA
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.87 points
- Absolutely fantastic handcrafted product. Better than all the over-hyped Diageo bottlings you are offered for ridiculous money. Another example: Macallan charges 250 £ for their current 18 yo 2019 batch version. This brilliantly Sherry-matured Hazelburn beats that Macallan and so many other Sherry Whiskies easily... It is absolutely fair priced. They know, why it is limited to 2 bottles per person.... An evidence that you can still get fantastic Whiskies comparable with the good old days for a reasonable price! Chapeau!!!!!
- An absolute grenade. It's like refilling the green thistle. Reminds me at least extremely of it.
Deep coffee notes at the beginning, dry wood, old wall units, cold cocoa, including maritime freshness, then raisins, no smoke but slight ash notes, a little musty and damp wood, with water it gets fresher and a little grassy green, plus citrus fruits
Red fruits, firm start, immediately dry, creamy without end, spicy like dry wood and as if you were licking the said wall unit, raisins and plum jam, with water less dryness and more chocolate
Heat and spice dominate at first, the dry wood follows with the raisins and plums, in the end the coffee and cocoa notes are the main thing
- Oily, flinty, sherry-driven Hazelburn. Everything you’d expect from good spirit in a good cask. Stick it in a blind tasting and some would swear it has peat.
- I had this one in the warehouse tasting in 2019 and a friend bought the bottle so very nice to have it again. For an only 12 years old this is a high roller for me, lots of taste, easy and the high alcohol is hardly noticable. I realy like this dram.
With a drop of water it opened up more, very nice leathery nose
A mouth full of flavour, easy going, not sharp. The high alcohol is well integrated.
Very nice, easy and long.
- Np notes but it is a decent whisky, much better with a little water in it, plenty of flavour on this one.