9 × in wishlist
50 × member ratings
61 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Hazelburn 2007 CA
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.73 points
- Absolutely fantastic handcrafted product. Better than all the over-hyped Diageo bottlings you are offered for ridiculous money. Another example: Macallan charges 250 £ for their current 18 yo 2019 batch version. This brilliantly Sherry-matured Hazelburn beats that Macallan and so many other Sherry Whiskies easily... It is absolutely fair priced. They know, why it is limited to 2 bottles per person.... An evidence that you can still get fantastic Whiskies comparable with the good old days for a reasonable price! Chapeau!!!!!
- An absolute grenade. It's like refilling the green thistle. Reminds me at least extremely of it.
Deep coffee notes at the beginning, dry wood, old wall units, cold cocoa, including maritime freshness, then raisins, no smoke but slight ash notes, a little musty and damp wood, with water it gets fresher and a little grassy green, plus citrus fruits
Red fruits, firm start, immediately dry, creamy without end, spicy like dry wood and as if you were licking the said wall unit, raisins and plum jam, with water less dryness and more chocolate
Heat and spice dominate at first, the dry wood follows with the raisins and plums, in the end the coffee and cocoa notes are the main thing
- Great sherry matured whisky. no sulfur or any dirty notes. Good Cask
Nice and thick nose, dessert like, no alcohol burn at all, roasted chestnuts, Bag of dry candied fruits, dry raisins and prunes, Chocolate, Hint of coffee beans, Cardamon, Vanilla cream, Dry Stock cube, Nice oak spices
Soft and full, slow development, dry fruits, Chocolate, Nougat, its really more the sherry cask talking but with the Hazelburn spirit the balance is found. The distillate character comes into play at the later part of the development. campbelltown peat mingling at the back seat almost undetected
Long, dry fruits, dry paprika, chocolate, dry raisins, huge oak spice, toasted oak, candied lemon and lime peels
- Oily, flinty, sherry-driven Hazelburn. Everything you’d expect from good spirit in a good cask. Stick it in a blind tasting and some would swear it has peat.
- Np notes but it is a decent whisky, much better with a little water in it, plenty of flavour on this one.