- Whiskybase ID
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Special Reserve
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 06 Feb 2010 12:22 pm
9 × in wishlist
217 × member ratings
692 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Jameson 12-year-old
23 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 78.50 points
- Sherry cask on the nose, with cacao, raisins and tropical fruits, also some banana, marzipan, leather and some pot still character.
Loads of fruit, honey and grains on the taste, not subtle, but tasty nonetheless, some spices and almonds in the finish.
- - Significant increase compared to the other popular NAS
- great Irish blend
- was unfortunately withdrawn from the market
- for the then price of about 30 € super PLV
spicy oak, clear sherry note, delicate vanilla
full-bodied, sherry, sweetness, oak, very delicate vanilla
medium-long, soft finish;
medium-long aftertaste with oak aroma
- A great, mature Irish blend - unfortunately only rarely available!
spicy oak, distinct sherry note, delicate vanilla;
full bodied, sherry, sweetness, oak, very delicate vanilla;
long finish, sherry, vanilla; complex whiskey;
- Sweet, oak, maple syrup, vanilla, coconut, some menthol and oak cabinet wall. Got something of a good old single grain.
- Tasted during Norbert's Irish BOL10
- This is my favorite! Very good balanced, and the spicy and sherry finish is excellent.
- Not bad, far superior to his colleague without mention of age. The nose is rather good, though classic, the mouth is average and the finish almost non-existent. In the end a blend unpretentious and easy to drink.
Not so light at 40%. From the classic apple, a little woody notes. We feel a certain sweetness, characteristic of the Irish. A nice nose not too marked by the grain.
Here the reduction is much more felt. Not much to put in their mouths, yellow fruits, and especially a slight woody bitterness at the end of the mouth that reminds us that we are dealing with a blend here!