- Whiskybase ID
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Special Reserve
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 06 Feb 2010 12:22 pm
9 × in wishlist
213 × member ratings
683 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Jameson 12-year-old
22 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 78.51 points
- - Significant increase compared to the other popular NAS
- great Irish blend
- was unfortunately withdrawn from the market
- for the then price of about 30 € super PLV
spicy oak, clear sherry note, delicate vanilla
full-bodied, sherry, sweetness, oak, very delicate vanilla
medium-long, soft finish;
medium-long aftertaste with oak aroma
- A great, mature Irish blend - unfortunately only rarely available!
spicy oak, distinct sherry note, delicate vanilla;
full bodied, sherry, sweetness, oak, very delicate vanilla;
long finish, sherry, vanilla; complex whiskey;
- Sweet, oak, maple syrup, vanilla, coconut, some menthol and oak cabinet wall. Got something of a good old single grain.
- Tasted during Norbert's Irish BOL10
- This is my favorite! Very good balanced, and the spicy and sherry finish is excellent.
- Not bad, far superior to his colleague without mention of age. The nose is rather good, though classic, the mouth is average and the finish almost non-existent. In the end a blend unpretentious and easy to drink.
Not so light at 40%. From the classic apple, a little woody notes. We feel a certain sweetness, characteristic of the Irish. A nice nose not too marked by the grain.
Here the reduction is much more felt. Not much to put in their mouths, yellow fruits, and especially a slight woody bitterness at the end of the mouth that reminds us that we are dealing with a blend here!