- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Distillery Exclusive
- First Fill Sherry Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 57.4 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 14 Aug 2019 10:52 pm by webdunk
5 × in wishlist
10 × member ratings
32 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Benromach 2003
3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.43 points
- Syrup and charcoal, very nice. Truly a taste dualism. Sweet and spicy. An exciting whisky.
- Tasted as a sample. The first time you pull the nose undiluted, it stings very strongly in the nose. You can feel the 57.4%. Except for cooling mint, little comes through. Opens up really big by dilution with water and shows its potential in smell and taste. Very round and pleasant taste. It shows itself really diverse. The smell and finish are also good, but they don't convince me like the taste. Above all, the short finish bothers me a little.
pungent, cooling mint, diluted with water: fruity, light sulfur smell, maritime notes, ginger, spicy, oak, sherry, raisins, leather polish
diluted with water: sherry, fruity (lots of orange), spicy, cloves, sweet, oily, floral
diluted with water: short, fruity, slightly tart, nutty
- The nose is really nice, smells like sweet treacle but unfortunately there is some sulphur in this one, which spoils things a little for me and it is also a little rough, lack balance but I am sure some will love this, saying that it is tasty enough for 85 points, the finish even with water added is on the harsh side.