- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Celebrating 100 Auctions
- Stated Age
- 25 years old
- Oloroso Sherry Butts
- Number of bottles
- 51.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- SWA Celebrating 100 Auctions 2011 - 2019
- Added on
- 10 Aug 2019 3:08 pm
5 × in wishlist
37 × member ratings
143 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenfarclas 25-year-old
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.32 points
- Scotch Whisky Auctions says that it is a mixture of 1st, 2nd and 3rd fill oloroso casks.
Orange marmelade. Menthol. Plums. Whiff of hay. Slightly floral. Some wax in here With time, as well as butterscoth. Slightly Chemical after 10-15 mins.
A bit mouthwatering, Again a bit waxy. Menthol. Sweet Oranges. Cinnamon. Peachy. Earthly now. Thyme. Brown sugar on the last couple of sips.
Some oaky bitterness. Medium length. Slightest hint of sulphur. Orange marmelade still in town. Sweetness through and through.
- Bottled to celebrate the Scotch Whisky Auctions 100th Auction. I have copied this direct from their web page.
"We're proud of our small and humble beginnings in 2011 to growing into one of the world’s biggest online whisky auctions. We're proud of our Glasgow team and making whisky friends all over the world.
We're so proud to celebrate an important landmark in our history, by working with Probably Speyside's Finest Distillery; the legendary Glenfarclas.
We're raising a glass to you all with this special 25 year old - cheers to our first 100 auctions, and we can't wait for you to join us for the next 100.
Age: 25 Years Old
Cask Type: Oloroso Sherry Butt
51% ABV / 70cl
Bottle Number: One of only 900 bottles released"
- Nice but not at all the expected profile. Small disappointment for me.
Nose very slightly sulfur.
Leather, dry fruit. Cinnamon. Smoke. Baked apple.
This is not the profile I expected.
In the mouth it's sweet. Coiled in sulfur.
Apple, oily leather, wax, dry wood.
Final on rubber, leather, fat.
- Quite disappointing for a 51% 25 yo Glenfarclas. Must be very high portion of refill casks in this one. Herbal, woody and very dry with a short aftertaste...with water you get it a bit sweeter. I hope that this just needs oxidation in the bottle. Mediocre....I was generous with that score of 85.