- Single Grain
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Limited Edition
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- Bourbon Casks
- Number of bottles
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml 750 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 14 Feb 2010 4:13 pm
3 × in wishlist
19 × member ratings
24 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Greenore 15-year-old
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.76 points
- Nose: light, not very intense in aromas. Crème brûlée, banana, subtle milk chocolate. Palate: What is this flavor that climbs you on the palate? What a surprise ! Buttered, sweet texture. Slightly herbaceous touch, final: very short in aroma but sticky. A product not very fine but original! Enthusiasm 4/5
- Tasted during Norbert's Irish BOL10
Soft, vanilla, sweet
Spicy oak, vanilla, roots and lemons
Medium long, sweet, rum
- Very marked wood and vanilla, but not dry. The rose brings originality. Very simple for a young single grain. 82.5 I would say.
In the sample, a very bourbon nose (wood, vanilla). But in the glass, more complex than it seems: a strong impression of agricultural rum, sweeter. Sugar cane, olives, and also a lot of floral notes (pink!). Bags of vanilla.
Very sweet, sweet, slightly creamy. We find the rose, touches of spices, and a lot of vanilla. Always this impression of agricultural rum, with notes of green cane.
Medium, woody, sweet and always on the cane not ripe.
- This won the "Worlds Best Grain Whiskey" in the World Whiskey Awards 2010.
- A very nice grain. It seems to be matured in good quality casks, because 15 years is not that old for a grain to be this good.
Hint of rubber? Loads of vanilla. Tasted blind this was obviously a grain whiskey. Hint of banana.
More vanilla with heaps of icing sugar.
Very short, but sweet.
- The colour is gold, with an interesting and rather complex nose: oak, vanilla, honey, bitter(almonds) and spices; in the palate there`s marzipan, spices, banana, oak and some fruits, very balanced, delicate and delicious; the finish is long, gentle and smooth. Hummm!
- Not the best Irish I've had.
Vanilla pound cake. Lemon furniture polish. Lumber yard.
Delicate. Honey and marzipan. Fruit cake. Soft lemon. More vanilla.
Extremely short. Fresh fruit.