- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- 20 Year Anniversary Edition
- Number of bottles
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 08 Aug 2019 12:40 pm
6 × in wishlist
13 × member ratings
22 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Beinn Dubh Thunder in the Glens
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.82 points
- Given its color, it was attractive to boost the festive spirit again after a flat and uninteresting Glengoyne.
It smells as sweet and powerful and crisp as the color announces. This is nice, a bit thin in the beginning but the aftertaste is sublime. Not at all sweet but almost salty, with an edge of resin, unbelievably dry. Above my cap, I give him reluctant 88 points. It is probably better than that and not spent on my Neanderthal tongue.
- The whisky tastes the way it looks: dark, heavy, but very tasty.
Heavy fruit notes of plums. Some dried fruit. Raisins. Chocolate. Drop.
Bitter chocolate, coffee, caramel. Some wood tones.
Beautiful, rich finish. Bitter, but with a lot of flavors.
- There is a NAS version and a 20 y/o version
- The Speyside distillery released this 20 year old limited edition expression of their Beinn Dubh single malt to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Thunder in the Glens, the largest Harley Davidson rally in the UK. Only 200 bottles were produced. A bottle recently sold on Master of Malt for around £195.