- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Bourbon Matured Single Cask
- Calculated age
- 11 years old
- Bourbon Cask
- Number of bottles
- 56.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- The Whisky Exchange 20th Anniversary
- United Kingdom
- Added on
- 01 Aug 2019 7:21 pm by holborndrinker
3 × in wishlist
19 × member ratings
23 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Kilchoman 2007
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.94 points
- The smell of herbs, field meadow, apples, plums, but also ash and soot. The taste is bittersweet, sweet apples, pears and wormwood, hawthorn. Nice combination. For this salt. The finish is even more salty, a lot of salty licorice, mint, anise, then - apples, pears, again a lot of licorice and anise.
- yellow, light yellow
Nasty and dirty, after adding water it's getting more gentle but also more opened.
One of those you could called "classic Kilchoman.
You can feel pepper in the nose, also leather.
Vanilla, leather, pepper, whisky pits in a tongue.
It also keeps there on your tongue.
After adding water it's getting better, softer, more opened.
Vanilla and leather mostly but taste is prolonged on the finish.
Leather, coal, peat up to the stop, maritime and full of salt. Heavy, dark clouds of smoke rise in the glass, along with burnt wood and hot car tires. Waxy fat with an underlying metallic-sweet character. Not the best harmony in total, since every part tries to move to the foreground.
Creamy fat, yet soft and peaty-sweet! Dark notes of coal, smoke, asphalt, lead and phenols are in the glass, which then become fresh and tart. As before, a rather inharmonious appearance. The creamy-fat start is good, but the second part of the taste is slightly spilled.
Long - bitter, dark, smoky, fresh and inharmonious. The peat is again surrounded by a freshness that comes from peppermint and green pine needles. Sugar-sweet, but also dry-tart at the same time - everything is included here, but unfortunately very weird, too bad!
N: 87P / G: 85P / F: 81P
- Not overly bad neither is it good. On par, average.
Typical TWE Kilchoman releases.
Lemon slices on baked chicken.
Dried popcorn chicken with too much pepper.
Short, dry and salty.
- Thanks Edwin Lim for the dram. I must admit my score is slightly skewed towards the high side as this is my 1st heavily peated drams in months. But still, I rated based on my mood and overall feeling on that day.